Sunday, October 21, 2007

"Some Enchanted Evening..."

So, do you remember the song mentioned in the title? If you have seen the musical "South Pacific," you have heard the song. The other times you may have heard it was any time in a movie/T.V. show/cartoon that two people noticed each other across a crowded room. This song would start slowly in the background as the eyes of the star-crossed lovers would meet. It would then crescendo and come to a climax as the couple met somewhere in the middle of the room. They would embrace with eyes locked in a pathetic stare. It could be the first time they met or a reunion, of sorts. Either way, you have seen the scenario played out many times and more often than not, "Some Enchanted Evening" is the background. Surprisingly, this blog is not about that song. It's not even about music in general. It's about that moment. That amazing moment when you lock eyes with someone across a room and suddenly, you are filled with a feeling that you just know feels right. Yes, I am about to get kind of sappy. Yes, I am going to spend some time touching my feminine side....Wait.... That did not come out right..... Never mind. You get the picture. Well, I hope you don't really have a picture of me touching my feminine side in your head.... That could be scary..... Moving on.... I had one of those moments last night. It was one where perhaps I was the only one that was so moved by that brief yet amazing moment. Honestly, whether the other person felt anything at the very same moment is of no real consequence. It would be amazing if they felt the same way but for the purpose of this blog, just the fact that I felt this pure rush of amazing yummy goodness is what counts. Reason? It has been a looooooonnnnnnnggggg time. Honestly, I cannot remember the last time that I experienced such exhilaration from a look. From a simple glance that lasted a couple of extra seconds. It has been forever if it has been ever. I just sat there after the moment had passed thinking to myself, "Wow! I just experienced one of those moments they talk about in romance novels!" For my male readership, I do have to say I am sorry for the preceding diatribe that made me sound like a weepy chick. For the ladies.... Yeah, that's right, baby, there is a single guy out here who is into the "special" moments and he is looking for you....Well, I gotta tell ya, this past weekend was full of moments in which I experienced feelings that have been long absent from this old, fat guy's arsenal of emotions. It was refreshing, amazing, exciting and did I say amazing? Amazing. Amazing. What else can I say?

1 comment:

{connie} said...

I tagged you. Read my blog and have fun!! *hugs*