Saturday, October 6, 2007

I hate bees...... I really do......

We all have fears. I am no exception. If you read the survey that is poSted on my MySpace profile, you will read that my two biggest fears are bees and relationships. The latter is, what I believe to be, pretty self-explanatory. Ther are a number of relationships in my past that I have screwed up and even more that have screwed me up so therefore, I prefer to stay away from them if at all possible. The former should be self-explanatory as well. The thing of it is, where did this bee fear come from? I guess it is normal for people who are allergic or have past experiences with stinging, flying insects to develop a natural fear but I have neither. That I know of. I have been told that I have been stung before but I don't recall. As long as I can remember, my reaction to bees has been one that resembles a little girl running and screaming from a big scary monster. I never thought that I waited around long enough to have an experience with one. Until today. I have little time to write today on this subject so I have no time for any set-up but here is the deal. I was in Maricopa, sorting through some dumped objects, bent over, in a pair of shorts that tend to give me a mad case of plumber-butt. In addition, I was going commando (which is not too uncommon). A bee found her way into said shorts and immediately began struggling to escape. Not knowing what had flown down my crack I immediately swatted in the general vicinity and landed right on top of the unsuspecting, panicked bee with my large hand. She did all she could to defend herself by inserting her stinger into a very private place. No, not the VERY private place. Close enough, though. I am hurting. It's still throbbing. I hate bees. I really do.

2 comments:

{connie} said...

so... about the bee. hope you are healing well, lol. i too do not like them...allergic. ;0)

wendylu said...

lol that is funny i dont care who u are. I'm sorry that i had part in this horrible incident for you but i can't help but still laugh over this. I definately know how you feel so i have total empathy. You are just too funny and i hope it is starting to feel better. love ya tons