Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Did you miss me? I'm baaaaaaaack.....

It has been a while since I last wrote. I feel as though I am slacking. Losing focus. Letting down my muse. I mean, here my muse has done so much to make me the writer that I have become, and there I am.... Not writing. Now, admittedly, the genius that is me cannot just spew forth the brilliance that is my writing at the drop of a hat. More often than not, inspiration is needed. There must be a catalyst. Am I trying to sit here and tell you people that nothing has inspired me of late? Have things been so uninteresting in my life that I have been driven to total silence? Truth be told.... No. Things have actually been quite interesting. A great deal of roller coaster occurrences. What are "roller coaster occurrences?" These are things that happen that mimic the fast-paced, up and down and side to side motion of a roller coaster. Sometimes you are laughing and enjoying yourself. Sometimes you are screaming at the top of your lungs and trying to remember where you keep the change of clothes because you just pissed yourself. Sometimes you are stoic and numb knowing what is just about to happen. All of these things happen during "roller coaster occurrences." Separate, they are enough to drive a sane person to lose their mind. Somehow, all together, they bring about a certain euphoria and level of peace that one cannot find anywhere else. At least, for most people. For myself, separate or together, I hate that shit. Never been a fan of roller coasters. This is not to say that I am your typical milquetoast/vanilla/boring old fat guy. I have my adventurous side. I can be dangerous. How many of you have captured a wild rattlesnake with your bare hands? Ever grabbed a Desert Hairy Scorpion by the tail to remove it from an area occupied by friends and family? I am going to guess that none of or very few of you have. I am not saying I am into boring and plain. I just hate roller coasters. All of them. When I first went on Space Mountain, I spent the entire time visualizing my head being removed by one of the low beams that I was flying past at 5000 mph. I was a hoot at Cedar Point. Oh, I went on damn near every freaking roller coaster that place offers simply because I was told that I was too chicken to do so. I was not too chicken. I went on them. Hated every Goddamn minute of it, though. I think the fascination with the death machines is overrated. Same way I feel that life's little ups and downs are overrated. The ups can be amazing. I have been riding a certain high, for instance, since Christmas time. One area of my life has proven to be very rewarding. Other parts, however, have been one disappointment after the other. I am quite tired of this. Do I want everything to go my way all of the time? Is that how I think life needs to, should and must be? Well, uhhhh, yeah!!!! Of Course!!!! What the Hell is wrong with you???

2 comments:

wendylu said...

I take it you don't like roller coasters? lol I am definitely taking you on a roller coaster one day just to see ur face. ha. you must be this big to ride the ride lol

suellen said...

I daresay the man in the mirror is beginning to regain his focus. Can he see more clearly yet? I don't think he is looking through the same spectacles as before - they seem to be changing or is it just me? His reflection is so much brighter to me and he looks so much more handsome --- hmmmm.