Sunday, February 1, 2009

It's 1 AM, I Must Be Lonely...

Actually, I'm not all that lonely, I just thought that sounded good. Since it is 1 am. And I am the only one up around the house so I guess in that regard, I am lonely. Just felt like writing. Don't really know what this blog will be about yet so bear with me.... I suppose I could recap this glorious day for you... Well, sort of. I think this will just be a rambling of unrelated things that will include some descriptions of today's activities along with random thoughts. Random thought number one being that the most recent blood work I have had done has showed me to be in markedly improved health overall. With my continuing weight loss, I am reaping other benefits i.e. lower bad cholesterol, lower blood pressure, higher good cholesterol. Gee.... Isn't it funny that the doctor told me if I lost weight and took care of myself that stuff would happen like that and there it is happening. Weird how that works, eh? As part of this healthy living, one of my favorite things to do is hike with Vivian. We did that today. Granted, it was just a trip around the Park of Canals, but we went all the way to the back and turned over about 100 rocks to look for scorpions. Found a lot of termites and some ants but no scorpions. After the exercise, I broke out the disposable, table-top grill and we proceeded to picnic. A good time was had. Her day stayed busy as she and her friend McKenna got whisked away to the drive-in movies by their respective paternal grandmothers for the double feature of "Inkheart" and "Hotel for Dogs." My day stayed physical as I helped a friend move some heavy things around. Always a popular and fun-filled activity. Especially when you bleed. Vivian got home at 11:30pm! Waaaaaaaaay past bedtime but the girls had fun so Daddy overlooked the late hour. After our bedtime routine and a quick game of "flashlight" she was down for the count. Sleeping hard inside of 4 minutes. And here I am. Wide awake at 1 am. Wondering what else to write about. I have nothing more. I have bored you enough. I promise, next one will be interesting. Please, hold me to it!

No comments: