Sunday, December 16, 2007

Oh yeahhh!!!! I'm gettin' all biblical on yer ass!!!!!

Well, I started another blog a few days ago and intend to finish it but I have another issue I would like to discuss at the present time. It is not necessarily a pressing issue or one that demands immediate attention. It's an issue that has been hanging around me for some time now and I thought I would put it out there for you folks to mull over. Perhaps after reading, some of you may even commiserate. If you are not able to determine from the title that this will be a biblically themed blog, please stop reading and go lie down. Biblically themed, eh? What particular Bible story would the Agnostic like to speak about? What part of a book that I find it so difficult to believe would pique my interest enough to write about? Adam and Eve. More specifically, the forbidden fruit. Yes, that's right. I am going to go there people. I have to. I have avoided this subject like the plague and have spent a great deal of time and effort stepping around it but I have to just step right in it. Cannot avoid it any more. What do I mean by the forbidden fruit? That which we want, but can't have. It is that simple. The forbidden fruit (for you heathens) was a reference in the Bible to fruit from the Tree of Knowledge in the Garden of Eden. God told Adam and Eve (the first humans according to the Bible. Again, for the heathens) not to eat fruit from the Tree and, of course, they did. Got themselves thrown right out of the Garden, they did. So throughout history, whenever someone has wanted something that they just cannot have, it has been referred to as wanting some forbidden fruit. So, tell me people, am I the only one? Am I the only fool in this world who has experienced this to the extreme that I find myself experiencing this now? Wait a minute.... Back up, fat man..... Did you say "experiencing this NOW?" What is it you want that you cannot have? What is it that has inspired you to write this amazing blog about Adam and Eve and fruit etc.....? Is there something (or someone) that you long for? Are you pining for something (or someone) that you just cannot have? Do you find yourself yearning for something (or someone) that is not yours? Yeah, like I am telling y'all. You people should know me better than that by now. I will just say that it is possible that there is something (or someone) I would really like to have and it just does not seem like I can or will so I want to know that I am suffering with others. Ever heard the saying "Misery Loves Company?" I need to know that there are those of you in my vast reader audience that know what I am talking about. I need to feel like it's okay to feel this. I have to tell you, it is the strangest feeling I have ever experienced. It is such a jumbled mess of several other emotions. Both good and bad. Mostly good, but the bad (pining, yearning, wanting) tend to be very strong. This combination makes the whole situation similar to an addiction. Want it, can't have it, makes you want it more.... Sounds like addiction to me. Textbook. What I am yearning for is not any substance of an addictive nature. I will tell you that much. Would not put this much effort into writing about a craving for a 'tini. Believe me. This is much more real. More tangible. More difficult. It deals with matters of both the mind and the heart. Well, I guess I should hold on to the other old saying, "This too, shall pass." ...I hope to Hell it doesn't...

No comments: